18th Cent Brass “Masonic” Moon Dial Longcase Clock Movement
• Longcase clock movement by James Thomas of Chester, listed as working from 1777-1785
• Brass dial with silvered chapter ring, subsidiary seconds dial and working date indicator. Moon phase displayed in the arch.
• Superb gilt cast brass spandrels
• Engraved with “Masonic” symbols to the centre
• 8 day movement striking the hours on a bell
• Movement is complete and works with pressure on the wheels but could do with a clean.
• Dial 13.24” x 18.5”
Date of Manufacture
This antique was produced in .
This item is SOLD and is no longer available to purchase. The seller of the item was Cross Antiques.