Late C19th bronze-framed hexagonal hall lantern .
Good six-sided glass pane bronze-framed lantern of simple ,classic design . Patinated verdigris finish with a simple band of cast decoration to the top edge.
Central 3-light hanging bulb pendant supported by the S-frame 'cage' super-structure fitted with integral ceiling hook .The bottom edge of frame with compressed ball terminals.
A quality lantern of sophisticated of good scale and understated form .
Old wiring , can be re-wired to clients specification (inclusive of price ).
H (glass frame) 15.5"
Established in the Cathedral City of Worcester for over 30 years ,M.Lees&Sons , run by Michael Lees ,have been dealing with public and trade from show-rooms in an early Georgian town-house. We aim to provide a straight-forward approach to our business and build lasting relationships with our customers. As members of the 'London and Provincial Antique Dealers ...show more description Association' , we provide full descriptive details , date ,authenticity and any available provenance ,with full disclosure of any restoration or repair which may have taken place .
Whether buying for pleasure , decoration or investment, we welcome you to our web-site or premises .
Past projects have included advising clients on forming and disposing of collections , furnishing period properties , hotel and commercial projects , also a shoot-room and lodge .
All goods are available to view and owned by M.Lees&Sons .
If visiting, a telephone call prior is advisable as due to the demands of the business the show-room does not have regular hours . Please feel free to contact us if we can be of assistance .
Tel. 01905 26620 / 07860826218
Located in the centre of Worcester in the shadow of the Cathedral with easy parking nearby. Exit Junction 7 M5 and follow the signs for Worcester Porcelain Museum . Our premises are located 100 metres from the Museum and 50 metres from Pay&Display car-park in nearby King St.
Internal Ref: ML 1612 ...show less description
Height = 72 cm (29")
Width = 30 cm (12")
Depth = 30 cm (12")
About the Date of Manufacture
This antique was produced in 1880. At the time that this antique was being crafted, Victoria, the only child of Princess Victoria of Saxe-Coburg and Edward Duke of Kent, was the Queen of England.